man, i have spent too much time on software upgrades this month. here's the list:
- Upgraded the OS on my home server from snv_38 to snv_72. This upgrade removed support for Apache 2.0, so i had to upgrade from Apache 2.0 to 2.2. The new version of Apache also required that i recompile php.
- Upgraded SpamAssassin on my home server. This required installing a bunch of perl CPAN modules.
- Updated my version of unison to the latest version.
- Upgraded the photo software on my site, Coppermine.
- Upgraded the calendar software on my site, WebCalendar.
- Upgraded the blog software on my site, Movable Type, from 3.x to 4.x. This required changing the database backend from BerkeleyDB to MySQL. This also required installing a bunch of perl CPAN modules
- Updated my music collection to use ID3v2 tags instead of ID3v1 tags. This required installing ID3v2 and id3lib, updating my music management scripts to use ID3v2 and running a batch job to update all my music.